Wednesday, June 8, 2016

This post is everywhere but it's ok

Before you read this update...know that I spent two days on this post and it is still bad. Hahaha. Enjoy :-)

__________

As many of you know, when I returned to America after life in India, I was very depressed and very confused as to what I was supposed to do with my life. I didn't have a solid reason to live in America or India. I foolishly tried find the fastest way to get away from the consumerism, materialism, and selfishness of America. I tried to find the fastest route to India without having a solid reason why and not even going before the Lord about what country to live in!

I thought the fastest way to guarantee a life back at the hostel would be to become a nurse, therefore insuring that had a solid purpose for living in India full time.

But God had other plans. The Lord had led me to study Hindi and Urdu at North Carolina State University. Since the nurse thing didn't work out, I assumed that was the next route back to India.

That was not the Lord's plan either.

So, spring of 2015, I applied and was accepted to be a Hindi-Urdu student. That spring I also met Jacob, who is now my fiancé.

By learning two very similar but very different languages for just one semester and not having enough personal funds to continue, I left school feeling very confused and very hurt that I had no solid reason for leaving India or leaving school other than money and time ....and that is just where the Lord put me.

Before beginning Hindi and Urdu classes, I met my fiancé, and, likewise, his family who works with refugees. I am now marrying into this family and my purpose in America is slowly becoming more and more clear.

 I am now teaching art to refugees with my future mother-in-law and all of the time I spent in India and time taking Hindi and Urdu are slowly making sense. Since returning from India, things are starting to click for once!

This is a huge thing for my heart to realize, that, despite my want to return to India, God had me meeting my fiancé and likewise, working with his family to love on refugees in America.

Funny enough, my time spent learning Hindi and Urdu was not wasted and neither was my life overseas.

The experiences I had in India prepared me for who I am supposed to be today...and... Urdu has very similar words and the same writing style as Farsi/Parsi/Persian, which my Afghani students speak. Not only do I have the experience of living overseas but I can even say a few things to my students in their language!

I know this post is everywhere...I really didn't know how to update this blog after a year of not posting!

I'm just very excited and very happy with where I am and things kindof....click, I guess you could say! I am excited about life and excited to be marrying my best friend. Life is really cool right now.


Soooo yup. God is good. Life is cool and makes sense for once. Nice 

No comments:

Post a Comment